Sylvia with the words.
Words about side hustles, mostly. My goal is to incorporate frugality and side hustles in my life to achieve financial independence by the time I’m 36 (currently 27). Where I currently stand:
- No student loans!
- Own my own home with a current mortgage of about 100k
- Consistent extra monthly income via side hustling
what side hustles?
post #shiplife, I now:
- blog (obviously)
- freelance write
- mystery shop
- play bartender
- host dogs via Rover.com
It’s going all right:
- Side Hustle Income Report: March 2017 – $515.52
- Side Hustle Income Report: April 2017 – $727.61
- Side Hustle Income Report: May 2017 – $786.04
I’ve worked on two cruise ships for a company you’ve heard of. It was a trippy experience and objectively an interesting thing to write about.
- 4 Flawless Arguments for Why Everyone Should Work on a Cruise Ship
- 5 Logistical Downsides to Working on a Cruise Ship
- 4 Tips for Getting Hired on a Cruise Ship
I’m a professional face-painter!
Somewhat accidentally (as with most things in my life), but I’ve been a face-painter
since birth for over a decade now. It’s like being a tattoo artist, except not. It’s a good hustle.
I hosted pub trivia!
Hosted trivia in a variety of bars and restaurants for 2.5 years. It was awesome, terrifying, exhausting, and rewarding – all at the same time. The experience directly contributed to me landing a job on a cruise ship. MC Sylvia Dee in the house.
- 3 Life Lessons from your Pub Trivia Host
- Creative Side Hustles for the Extroverted Introvert
- MC-ing as a Side Hustle: 5 Tips for Improving Your Public Speaking
I speak Latin!
Started studying Latin in high school. Got hooked because it’s a magical language. Spent those fleeting four years at college studying it some more. Good times.
- Why I Don’t Regret my ‘Useless Degree’
- 5 Reasons why Latin is the Coolest
- 9 English Words with Amusing Latin Roots
I don’t know why really, but I’ve started making coloring book pages. Maybe I’ll have made enough for an entire book, someday.
That’s about it.
Interested in working together? Drop me a line below or send me a word at [email protected], detailing what you had in mind. I promise I’ll reply within one business day.