Who are you?
Sylvia with the words…
Words about side hustles, mostly. My goal is to incorporate frugality and side-hustles in my life to achieve financial independence by the time I’m 36 (currently 28).
Factors playing a role:
- No student loans!
- Own my own home with a current mortgage of 98k
- Salary of 44k / year
- Consistent extra income via side-hustling
What side hustles?
Post #shiplife, I now:
- blog (obviously)
- freelance write
- mystery shop
- host dogs via Rover.com
It’s going all right.
Click here to read all of my published income reports
I worked on a cruise ship!
I’ve worked on two cruise ships for a company you’ve heard of. It was a trippy experience and objectively an interesting thing to write about.
- Why Everyone Should Work on a Cruise Ship
- 5 Logistical Downsides to Working on a Cruise Ship
- 4 Tips for Getting Hired on a Cruise Ship
Click here for all #shiplife posts
I’m a professional face-painter!
Somewhat accidentally (as with most things in my life), but I’ve been a face-painter
since birth for over a decade now. It’s like being a tattoo artist, except not. It’s a good hustle.
I hosted pub trivia!
Hosted trivia in a variety of bars and restaurants for 2.5 years. It was awesome, terrifying, exhausting, and rewarding – all at the same time. The experience directly contributed to me landing a job on a cruise ship. MC Sylvia Dee in the house.
- 3 Life Lessons from your Pub Trivia Host
- Creative Side Hustles for the Extroverted Introvert
- MC-ing as a Side Hustle: 5 Tips for Improving Your Public Speaking
I speak Latin!
Started studying Latin in high school. Got hooked because it’s a magical language. Spent those fleeting four years at college studying it some more. Good times.
- Why I Don’t Regret my ‘Useless Degree’
- 5 Reasons why Latin is the Coolest
- 9 English Words with Amusing Latin Roots
That’s about it.
Interested in working together? Drop me a line below or send me a word at [email protected], detailing what you had in mind. I promise I’ll reply within one business day.